Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mountain Sunshine!

So, riding down the mountain today after school was joyous! The sun was shining in visible streams on the city, lighting up certain areas like they were on stage...gorgeous. As soon as I get a camera (mine was stolen...did I mention that?), I will post some pics.

School: The students here are slowly learning their way about the classroom. Compared with my last group, they are WAY less independent. I say every day, "I get paid to be your teacher, not your maid." They are learning to put away what they have gotten out, keep their areas clean, and stay organized. Today, they did magnificently! WOOHOO!

This week is the International Festival of Jazz and World Music here in Medellin. We were able to get free tickets to shows last night and tonight. The band last night was incredible, with some members from New York, so that was cool. Tonight we're going again and I have the feeling it's going to be just as good. The vibrancy of the city is really evident in the live music and seeing a crowd full of people in a teatro awaiting a jazz concert is a great feeling!

The weekend will be busy...there's a guy from school in a hiphop band, so am going to his concert. It's a battle of the bands, so will be a good dose of that type of music. I like the Colombian typical stuff, but a break from it will be welcomed by my ears.

That's it for now!
Have a good rest of the week...it's almost half over...and enjoy the weekend!

PS. HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY, WILL! I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: